In our house, calendars are required to keep life livable.
But there are problems with most wall calendars.
- You can only see one month at a time.
- Days get too filled up/scratched off, etc.
- You have to buy a new one every year.
Methinks I have come up with a better way. With little more than 12 sheets of scrapbook paper and some Post-its, you can make a beautiful wall calendar where you can rewrite and replace days when you need to, see the entire year at a glance (real-time, not even just calendar year), and use it again, year after year.
It’s pretty cool, let me show you how.
Reusable DIY Sticky Note Calendar
- 12 sheets 12×12-inch scrapbook paper
- 365 2×2-inch Post-it notes
- 1 fine-point Sharpie in any color (I used metallic bronze!)
- 1 sheet thick handmade paper
- On each sheet of scrapbook paper, make one horizontal line 1-3/8 inches from the top, and an additional line each consecutive 2-1/8 inches, for a total of 6 rows.
- Next, make two lines, one on the left of the paper and one on the right that extends from the top line (not the top of the sheet) down to the bottom of the sheet, 1-1/8 inches in from the edge. Make four more lines, spaced 1-1/4 apart, for a total of seven columns.
- Using the handmade paper, crease and tear off strips measuring 6×1-1/2 inches, and secure in the top left corner of the page.
- Write the name of each month on handmade paper. Choose whether you want to start your calendar week on Sunday or Monday, and write the days of the week in each slot in the second to the top row, as well as the bottom.
- If they make Post-its in 2 inches tall by 1-1/2 inches wide, I have not been able to find them. But that’s the size they have to be, so let’s cut those suckers down to size. Place Post-its on each page in the correct slots for that calendar year. As each month passes, add new Post-it notes for the previous month of the last year.
- Write dates on each Post-it.
- Slap that sucker on the wall!
With this whole-wall calendar, you can keep your whole family on the same page. And it just looks cool on the wall. I hope you guys love it as much as I do!