Have you been searching for a particular hat, scarf, pair of mittens, or other knitwear item, but you haven’t been able to find just the right one? The perfect combination of fit, fabric, color, design and price can be difficult to come across.
So why don’t you let me make that knit piece of your dreams for you?
When it comes to knitwear, you really get what you pay for.
You can find cheap and reasonably cute knits just about everywhere. But here’s the problem with the bargain stuff:
- Cheap materials:
- Acrylic yarn is basically plastic. This super cheap fiber makes you sweat while simultaneously not keeping you warm.
- Cotton is a great natural fiber, and it’s great at keeping you cool, not warm.
- Low-grade wool is very raw, and therefore, very itchy.
- Construction shortcuts:
- Knitting in the round, grafting, and proper increases and decreases are rarely seen in cheap knits, because they are more work. But they also what makes knits fit well.
- When materials like low-grade wool are used, linings are sewn in to protect the skin. These linings are often acrylic (see above) fleece, the addition of which can affect the fit.
There are, of course, the designer options. They are impeccably crafted out of luxurious materials into beautiful designs, but the prices are sky high. Worse still, most of the price tag is wrapped up in the name on the label.
So here’s the best of both worlds option: custom knits, make by me, just for you.
All you have to do is fill out the form below (no obligation to buy, of course) telling me a little bit about that knit piece you’ve been dreaming about. I can work with just about any budget and specifications, but for these special custom pieces, I only use the best yarns. Some of my favorites include merino wool, alpaca and even cashmere.
Whether you have actual photos of specific design elements, or just have a vague idea and need help refining it, once you submit the form below, I will email you and work with you to complete your design, on your budget.
Can you find cheaper knitwear? Of course. Can you find cheaper knitwear that is custom designed just for you in such luxurious materials? Dare you to try and find some.
So tell me about that knit piece you have been dreaming about, and we’ll talk, no strings.